Speedy but scrumptious
I think it’s fair enough to say that at the end of a long and tiring day, the last thing that ANY of us wants to do is to spend hours cooking up a meal that may in fact turn out to be, quite simply, a disaster. And let’s not forget about the washing up – definitely not my cup of tea. In any case, we need food to function, so here’s a quick and simple recipe I came up with for one of my all-time favorite comfort foods – pasta.
Spinach Tortelloni in a Chopped Tomato Sauce topped with Sliced Soft Mozzarella to be more precise.
- Spinach Tortelloni (as much as you want to eat; I used half a 250g bag, so 125g)
- 1 x 125g mozzarella ball (don’t worry if you don’t use it up; just cut as many slices you want to top the pasta with)
- 1 x box of chopped tomatoes with juice (390g; I used the whole box but use as much as you want)
- Mixed dried herbs (optional)
Recipe (7-10 minutes)
- In a pot of hot water, boil the pasta for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain the pasta using a sieve; set aside for the moment.
- Using the same pot (and hence less washing to do!), pour in the chopped tomatoes and juice; heat for 1 minute.
- Mix the pasta with the chopped tomato sauce for 2 minutes.
- Pour the pasta and sauce into a bowl.
- Slice the mozzarella ball into as many slices as you want.
- Place the mozzarella slices on top of the pasta.
- Garnish with mixed dried herbs.